One of Greater Richmond's key advantages for businesses is its strategic location on the East Coast's longest thoroughfare, Interstate 95. Companies not only have an advantage of being well connected to various transportation methods, but residents enjoy an average 25-minute commute to professional destinations.
- Ideally situated in the heart of the East Coast economic corridor, midway between Maine and Florida.
- More than 55 percent of the U.S. population is within 750 miles of the area.
- 500 miles to Boston and established Northeast markets and to Atlanta and Southeast markets.
- Washington, D.C., the nation's capital and the location of embassies, consulates, and international organizations, is only 100 miles away.
- More than 100 motor freight companies and brokers serve the area, including specialists in heavy hauling, overdimensional loads, and liquid or dry bulk.
- Fast shipping access - UPS Freight has its home office in the City of Richmond and FedEx and UPS operate a regional hub in the region.
- There are more than 40 courier service companies -- scheduled and rush, local, intrastate, and interstate.
In This Section
- Cost of Living
- Medical Services
- Sports & Recreation
- Arts & Culture
- International Food Markets
Greater Richmond Partnership, Inc.
901 E. Byrd St., Suite 801
Richmond, VA, USA 23219